AVAtlas 1.x and 2.x At A Glance
For those of you who would like a little more detail about the enhancements in version 2.x here is a short description of the enhancements:
1. Graticules And Measured Grids - In version 2.0 we have introduced the ability to add graticules and measured grids to Atlas Frames. Once the user has defined the parameters of the graticule or measured grid, AVAtlas automatically includes this grid to every page of the Atlas Frame.
2. More Options In Setting Up Key Maps - In version 2.0 we have greatly enhanced the user's ability to customize Key Maps.
3. More Options In Setting Up Locator Maps - In version 2.0 we have greatly enhanced the user's ability to customize Locator Maps.
4. Create Indexes Of Feature Locations - Before version 2.0 indexes could only be created based on the location of labels that appeared on map pages. In version 2.0 a new tool has been added to AVAtlas which allows the user to create indexes based on the location of the map features themselves.
5. Create Index Listings From Any Combination Of Fields In The Feature Table - In version 2.0 the user can create listings to be included in an index based on any combination of information contained in the feature table. This option allows for great flexibility in determining what will be contained in your atlas indexes.
6. Edit Index Files - Previous to version 2.0 index files were automatically created by AVAtlas and the user had no opportunity to edit the listings in the index, once it was created. In version 2.0 we have added a new tool to AVAtlas which allows you to open and edit the information contained in an index file.
7. Combine Multiple Index Files - In version 2.0 you can also combine multiple index files into a single file.
8. Print Only "Odd" Or "Even" Pages - In version 2.0 we have added a new option to the print dialog which will allow the user to only send "odd" or "even" numbered pages to the printer. This simplifies the process of printing to both sides of the paper from ArcView.
9. Support For AVAtlas 1.x - AVAtlas 2.0 contains functionality which allows atlases to be transferred back and forth between version 1.x and 2.x. Essentially, atlas definitions are backward and forward compatible.
Copyright © MapLogic Corporation
Send your comments to: email@example.com